The Bully Outreach ProjectBy: Kelly Karius Jun 25th, 2010
Category: Contributor Posts
I am thrilled to announce the Bully Outreach Project. This project will have me living in a motor home for the next few years, travelling school to school across Canada and the United States. Canada is the first stage of the project. We want to reach the following goals:
- To facilitate a national discussion about bullying using media, internet and individual contacts, and publicize gathered facts about bullying and how to prevent bullying.
- To spread the word that there is no need to label, but rather a need to define bully actions and encourage each of us to focus on our own behaviors.
- To provide a plethora of anti-bullying resources all in one spot.
- To blog and vlog the experience and people’s stories along the way.
- To produce a book and video that will profile the solutions that are working to prevent and manage bullying and violence, including cyber-bullying.
This is a huge project and we are in the stage of seeking sponsorships! If your organization might be interested, or if you know of an individual who might be interested, please pass this information on! A fully sponsored program will mean that no school will be prevented from having this information due to budget restraints, and the end product book and video will be able to be accessed for free by everyone!
Please add your comments and tell me what you think of The Bully Outreach Project! COMMENT NOW!
Kelly Karius, @KellyKarius on Twitter
“Angela eloquently shares a powerful message of hope and encouragement wherever she speaks. Her expressive and positive demeanor leaves a memorable impact on others.”
Angela recently shared her “ideas worth spreading” at TEDxUCIrvine.
Watch the video here.
We Invite You to Join the Discussion and Spread the Word. We find inspiration in the comments left by our readers and invite to you join the discussion. We are also grateful should you choose to share this article with your social networks.