It’s time for a brain dump… Usually, I would write this kind of stuff in my journal, however, I became inspired while sitting at my computer on this day off work and decided to dump this raw, unedited journal entry into a post here.
I am typing exactly what comes to mind as I think through this subject…
In no particular order, I dare you to…
- take a small step towards something you have been putting off for a long time. Better yet, take that step, celebrate it, and then take another step. Then, do it again!
- contribute what you can to a cause that is important to you. Better yet, contribute what you can and then challenge your friends and family to meet or beat your contribution!
- share a story about your life with your kids. Better yet, share a story with your kids and then challenge them to share a story with you.
- tell someone you love that you love them. You don’t do this enough…
- give some of your time, some of your ability, some of yourself to a local cause. Better yet, give of yourself and take your whole family along for the ride. Share with them why it’s important to you.
- jump outside your comfort zone and create an experience. Better yet, do this with regularity. Create a memory you will cherish for a lifetime and do it with those you love. Then, do it again!
- stop. At your next opportunity, stop, look around, observe, and love your surroundings and the life you are in.
- appreciate the role you play in your life and know that, despite some of life’s circumstances, you remain in control of how you feel.
- have fun. Be a kid again… ask your kids to think of something you can do together and then do it.
- put the best of you into everything you do. Better yet, do that and challenge those around you to do the same.
Which one is your favorite? Which one will you do today?