STOP the Madness!
For many of us life is a series of ups and downs, good and bad, chaos and calm and it just keeps going. Sometimes we miss out on things, relationships and opportunities because life is so busy. Other times we simply lose ourselves because it seems there is no time for us to be or stay grounded.
I put forth effort to make sure I am not caught up in the madness, but it is a commitment and I do better at some times than other times. I keep reminding myself that putting yet another ‘to do’ item (staying grounded amidst the madness!) on myself is putting more pressure on me and that adds to the madness! So…
I choose to stop the madness!
- Let go of fear of failing, not meeting expectations, making mistakes and so on
- Check in with yourself daily and remind yourself you are only human and can only do so much
- Find and use any random moments for self-care (exercise, prayer, meditation, nature, treat yourself – whatever works for you!)
- Take the opportunity to reward yourself for little and big accomplishments (and yes for some of us getting through the day without losing patience is a BIG one!)
- Just stop and say ‘goosfraba’ (meaning peace/calmness) and breathe
“It’s not that life is too short, rather it is that we allow life to control us rather than taking charge of ourselves” – Angela Schaefers
As always we welcome your comments and look forward to hearing how you stop the madness!